OYN 5th Annual Conference December 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia
With great excitement, the Ogoni Youth Network cordially invites you to the 5th annual Ogoni Youth Network Conference that will hold in Atlanta, Georgia on December 14-17th 2012. Those that have been a part of OYN from the beginning will realize that Atlanta, Georgia was the birthplace of OYN and will have the opportunity to physically see the vast improvement and growth of OYN in only 5 short years. New members, in the same location in which this great organization was founded, will have the opportunity to be a part of the planning and execution of OYN’s next 5 years.
We encourage all, family, friends, well-wishers, to come and be part of the annual conference. We also highly recommend for fellow Ogoni parents to encourage your children, regardless of age, to become a part of OYN and its initiatives and also to attend our annual conferences. This will serve as a means of grounding the young one in the values and traditions of the Ogoni people while creating an avenue for them to build great networking skills with fellow Ogoni youths in different professions varying from law, business, and the health care.
This will be a great conference and we look forward to seeing everyone in December! If you have any questions please email us at: email@example.com.
Next General Meeting- Sunday April 15th, 2012
This meeting will provide updates on our December conference in Atlanta Georgia, membership growth & development and collaboration with BMGS.
Start Time: 5pm CST/ 6pm EST.
December Conference Objectives:
Once a year, OYN invites its membership and prospective to our end of year conference in December. Conference locations are selected by majority stakeholders vote and are based on the strength of membership (in number & commitment to hosting), logistics and cost. This yearly experience allows our attendees to meet peers from all over the United States and Canada, to reflect on our culture and history, share ideas, and to progress in the vision of our Network and philanthropic initiatives.
- Learn and exchange about the one another and how we can maintain our identity
- Increase the ability to utilize the full functionality of our resources (skills & talents).
- Discuss and strategize, services and objectives
- Express and discuss your opinions, ideas and experiences about the Ogoni community.
For the leadership of OYN, this is our opportunity to:
- Present our milestones.
- Set strategies potential of our objectives.
- Update the attendees on OYN activities.
- Evaluate the relevance and usefulness of upcoming programs and offerings.
- Learn about our experiences.
- Identify emerging trends and opportunity for collaboration with existing organizations.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.